I’m Kayla Billger, a licensed clinical social worker. I am here to offer you a space where you feel comfortable processing your feelings and learning to cope with the difficulties of everyday life. Together, we can learn how to navigate distressing thoughts and emotions, while creating momentum that leads towards a life that feels valuable and meaningful to you. The one where you feel empowered, peaceful, and fulfilled.
Our Sessions Are Focused On You
Sessions will provide you with the space to be understood and heard. It is important to me to create a safe environment and ensure that the process is collaborative. I believe that therapy is more than just listening and nodding. I strive to be an active part of sessions, offering individualized feedback in identifying and meeting your goals. I use a combination of techniques and interventions from:
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Psychodynamic & Mindfulness Based
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
I Embrace The Following Philosophies
- I believe that you are worthy of love and care
- That we can do hard things (like going to therapy), and when we do, we can find healing & transformation.
- I believe that loving and accepting ourselves for who we are, scars and all, is one of the most courageous things we can do
- I believe that we can stop feeling shame when we share our story with someone who can hear it with empathy and understanding
My Professional Background
I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) in Pennsylvania. I received my Master’s in Social Work from Edinboro University. I have many years experience helping individuals in a variety of settings including schools, hospital, in-home family based services, outpatient therapy, and private practice.
- Master Certified in Accelerated Resolution Training